Dear Valued Media Representative,
Welcome to the RIS 2012 Media Page
Thank you for your interest in covering the 11th annual Reviving the Islamic Spirit Convention. This page is intended to assist you in developing and writing your news story. Here you will find press releases, contact information, background documents and photos for download.
Please read the very important media policy and regulations below, and do not hesitate to contact the media team for further questions.
Registration & Accreditation
RIS 2012 Welcomes accredited members of the media (see below) or writers who can supply a letter of assignment from a recognized publication or media outlet to the Reviving the Islamic Spirit Convention. Accredited members of the media will be offered free registration and a maximum of two passes to the event. Registration provides access to all general program sessions, press conferences as well as the “Grand Sook” Bazar.
Only representatives of the following will be allowed to receive complimentary media registrations:
- General circulation newspapers or magazines
- Newswire services
- News services and syndicates
- Broadcast television or radio news media
Registration is restricted to news media representatives covering the conference for editorial purposes. Media may be asked to present credentials. Acceptable credentials include:
- Letter verifying assignment to the event on the letterhead of the news organization being represented
- Media identification (such as an international, accredited press pass or an official media-outlet-issued credential)
Business cards will not be accepted in the place of a letter of assignment.
Registration DOES NOT entitle media representatives to hotel accommodations. Media representatives are responsible for securing their own lodging. A list of hotel options is available here.
Registered media can pick up registration materials and conference badges at the Media Booth located next to the Information Booth on the main level of the convention facility. Media representatives are required to wear their identification badges at all times at the event.
To facilitate navigation and efficient coverage of the event, a member of the RIS Media Team will escort camera crews and media representatives.
Freelance writers must produce a letter of assignment from a publication or broadcast news service.
Bloggers and YouTube personalities
Private Bloggers and YouTube personalities are welcome to attend and blog/vlog atown cost and must register as participants.
Representatives of organizations producing publications, audio or video tapes or other electronic media intended for marketing, advertising or public relations is strictly prohibited.
Documentary Film Making will not be accepted at this year’s convention. Documentary film makers are welcome to submit proposals for next year’s convention. Proposals can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Terms and Conditions
1. Organizers have the right to refuse or limit media access/requests at anytime
2. Access to Press Room for recording or interviewing will be strictly at thediscretion of the organizers and subject to availability.
3. Interview requests with organizers will be accommodated based on availability
4. Media outlets must arrange their own interviews with speakers or other guests.
5. All media must register online or in person prior to any access.
For all Media Inquiries contact:
Director and Spokeswomen, Media Relation RIS 2012
Media Booth Hours of Operation:
Friday December 21, 2012 9 am – 9 pm
Saturday December 22, 2012 9 am – 5 pm on call between 6pm – 9pm
Sunday December 23, 2012 9 am – 5 pm on call between 6pm – 9pm
Press Conference December 21, 2012
Details to be confirmed
Email the following information to email@example.com
a. Reporter name
c. Media Type (print, radio, tv or online)
d. 1 or 2 passes